Private Boyne Valley Newgrange tour with your very own Failte Ireland tour guide. (Best Seller)
Visit Ireland's most remarkable UNESCO World heritage site Newgrange passage tomb located in the Boyne Valley County Meath.
- Older than the Pyramids & Stone Henge.
- Recognised as one of the most important pre-historic landscapes in Europe.
- Newgrange and the Boyne valley contains the largest assemblage of Megalithic art in Western Europe.
- This private half day morning tour to Newgrange will allow you visit this remarkable ancient site before the crowds arrive.
Highlights & What's Included
- Guaranteed Entrance at Bru Na Boinne (Newgrange visitor centre)
- Guaranteed entrance and guided tour at Newgrange Passage tomb
- Friendly approved professional Failte Ireland tour guide.
- Pickup and return to your Dublin based hotel or cruise ship terminal at Dublin
- Depart 0800am Return 1230hrs
UNESCO World Heritage Site 1000 years older than the Pyramids
Newgrange (c 3,200 B.C.) pre-dating the ancient great Pyramids of Giza in Egypt by 500 years and Stonehenge by 1000. The passage tomb is surrounded by 97 kerb stones, the most impressive is the large entrance stone which is covered in swirls and designs.
Inside the large mound, the visual artistry of Ireland’s ancient civilisation remains to this day strikingly fresh and modern. At dawn on the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year (December 21st), a shaft of sunlight enters the chamber of Newgrange through a specially designed opening over the doorway which illuminates the Chamber.
This private day tour to the Boyne Valley should be top of your list of things to do in Dublin. Its spectacular!
The Boyne has historical, archaeological and mythical connotations. It is located close to Dublin and is ideal for a private day tour from Dublin. The Greek geographer Ptolemy drew a map of Ireland in the 2nd century which included the river Boyne. The entire area is one of outstanding beauty, with rolling hills, pastures and mediaeval field structures. From Neolithic passage tombs, ancient ritual sites to monastic settlements the Boyne valley has it all.
Why book a private tour or shore excursion with Day Tours Unplugged ?
All of our guides are Irish, we know all the best locations to stop for photo's. Our guides have completed a program of training with Failte Ireland, and are approved by the National Tourism Agency. We will provide you a unique insight into Ireland's ancient history, and provide you with information relating to all aspects of life in Ireland today.
Download our NEW Private tours from Dublin brochure today
What's not included
- Entrance fees / allow €6.00 for individual entrance fees
- Local purchases / refreshments
Departure & Return times
- This is a UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE "You need to be there early" there are no options for an afternoon departure.
- Departure from Hotel / Cruise ship will be 08:00am
- Return to Dublin will be 1230 hrs
- Tours last approx. 4.5 hours.
IMPORTANT - When making a reservation -
- Click on the book now button below
- Check for availability
- Fill in all required information on the booking form (contact telephone number is always required)
- Secure your private tour
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT - Once the booking has been approved
- You will receive an automated confirmation e mail.
- Shortly thereafter a member of our team will contact you in person to arrange the pickup directly from your Dublin based hotel or Dublin port cruise terminal
Finally if you cannot see a date that suits your requirements please contact a member of our Day Tours Unplugged team and request a specific date or departure time
- PRICE QUOTED BELOW IS (PER GROUP)