Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough half day tour from Dublin
Video by Skycamireland
Lonely Planet Says "If you’re looking for the epitome of rugged and romantic Ireland, you won’t do much better than Glendalough.” 16 PERSONS MAX ON OUR WICKLOW TOUR
Enjoy the delights of Dublin during the morning, and then escape the city for the spectacular scenery with the Wicklow Mountains National Park on our award winning half day tour.
- Departs 13:00 hrs Gresham Hotel 20-23 Upper O Connell Street
- Departs 13:05 hrs Molly Malone Statue (Corner Suffolk & Andrew Street)
- Departs 13:10 hrs Shelbourne Hotel (front steps) Saint Stephens Green
What's Included on your small group Wicklow Tour
- Qualified Failte Ireland Approved Wicklow day tour guide
- Short Dublin city tour
- Travel along Dublin bay & East coast
- Visit one of Ireland's most spectacular National parks in County Wicklow
- 2 hours minimum free time to "Explore one of Ireland's most famous 6th century monastic settlements founded by Saint Kevin
- Discover Ps I Love You & Brave Heart film locations
- Visit Loch Tay "Guinness lake" (currently film location for Vikings TV series)
County Wicklow is known as the garden of Ireland.
Located along Ireland's ancient East coast. Wicklow is the largest upland area in Ireland. The Wicklow national park offers you spectacular coastline, soaring mountains, waterfalls, peat bogs, remote glacial lakes and forests. County Wicklow is rich in ancient history and folklore, and located so close to Dublin.
Glendalough is located just South of Dublin, within a remote u shaped valley surrounded by two spectacular glacial lakes. Glendalough was established by St Kevin’s in the 6th century. It became one of Ireland's most important monastic settlements and was a veritable city in its time. Step back and explore Ireland's ancient monastic settlements along Ireland's east coast.
- Enjoy a fully guided tour through this enchanting valley.
- Explore the best preserved 30m round tower.
- Glendalough was plundered by Vikings, and ravaged by fire, on numerous occasions before ultimately falling to the Normans in 1398.
Your guide will explain in detail the rich folklore and history associated with this ancient site. Furthermore on our unique Wicklow tour, you will have plenty off free time to walk through the valley to the remote glacial lakes.
Wicklow famous film trails
What really makes Glendalough sing to your soul is its location at the heart of the Wicklow Mountains National Park. For years, Wicklow has been Hollywood’s movie location of choice in Ireland, with Powerscourt, Kilruddery House and the mountains themselves forming the backdrop for productions including Brave heart, The Count of Monte Cristo and P.S. I Love You, starring Hillary Swank and Gerard Butler. Download our NEW Half Day Wicklow tours from Dublin brochure.
"Have your own PS I Love You moments with great photo stops at the film locations"
How do I book - what happens next?
Discover the Wicklow Mountains national park with a small group on a 16 seater Mercedes mini van. "This is the best small group Wicklow half day tour from Dublin. You won't end up stuck on a 40 - 65 seater bus" ADVANCED BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL" BOOK ONLINE NOW
► Once you click on the Book Now button
► You then select your tour date / select your pickup location / and then secure your seat
► On completion of a booking a Wicklow day tour confirmation will be e mailed to you