Day Tours Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough half day tour from Dublin
Video by Skycamireland
Lonely Planet Says "If you’re looking for rugged and romantic Ireland, close to Dublin, look no further than a small group Wicklow Tour which also includes a fully guided walking tour of 6th century Glendalough.” 16 PERSONS MAX ON OUR WICKLOW TOUR
Why Book Our Wicklow Day Tours ?
With a maximum group size 14 person on our Newgrange day tour and 16 persons maximum on our Wicklow day tour, the experience we offer you is unique.
- You are not stuck on a large coach for hours.
- We offer tours, which attract individuals, couples and small groups of family friends.
- Travel with like-minded people, with approved local tour guides on modern air-conditioned mini vans.
- Our small group day tours from Dublin offer our passengers huge advantages.
- Enjoy a very personal fully guided tour experience from start to finish.
- Explore spectacular Irish scenery without the crowds.
Discover the Wicklow Mountains national park with a small group, our Wicklow day tours allow you explore Dublin during the morning, and then escape the city for the spectacular scenery within the Wicklow Mountains National Park.
County Wicklow is located close to Dublin, along Ireland's ancient east coast. The Wicklow day tours run all year round and are ideally suited to a half day excursion from Dublin. This Wicklow day tours departs 13:00hrs and returns to Dublin 18:00hrs.
- Departs 13:00 hrs Gresham Hotel 20-23 Upper O Connell Street
- Departs 13:05 hrs Molly Malone Statue (Corner Suffolk & Andrew Street)
- Departs 13:10 hrs Shelbourne Hotel (front steps) Saint Stephens Green
What's Included on your small group Wicklow Tour
- Qualified Failte Ireland Approved Wicklow day tour guide
- Short Dublin city tour
- Travel along Dublin bay & east coast
- Discover one of Ireland's most spectacular National parks in County Wicklow
- 2 hours minimum free time, "Explore one of Ireland's most famous 6th century monastic settlements founded by Saint Kevin"
- See Ps I Love You & Brave Heart film locations
- Visit Loch Tay "Guinness lake" (currently film location for Vikings TV series)
County Wicklow is known as the garden of Ireland.
County Wicklow is the largest upland area in Ireland. The Wicklow national park offers you spectacular coastline, soaring mountains, waterfalls, peat bogs, remote glacial lakes and forests. County Wicklow is rich in ancient history and folklore.
Glendalough and Wicklow Tour
Glendalough is located just South of Dublin, within a remote u shaped glacial valley surrounded by two spectacular lakes. Glendalough was established by St Kevin’s in the 6th century. It became one of Ireland's most important monastic settlements and was a veritable city in its time. Step back and explore Ireland's ancient monastic settlements along Ireland's east coast.
- Enjoy a fully guided tour through this enchanting glacial valley.
- Explore the best preserved 30m round tower.
- Glendalough was plundered by Vikings, and ravaged by fire, on numerous occasions before ultimately falling to the Normans in 1398.
Your Wicklow tour guide will explain in detail the rich folklore and history associated with this ancient site. Furthermore on our unique Wicklow tour, you will have plenty off free time to walk through the valley to the remote glacial lakes.
Wicklow famous film trails
What really makes Glendalough sing to your soul is its location at the heart of the Wicklow Mountains National Park. For years, Wicklow has been Hollywood’s movie location of choice in Ireland, with Powerscourt, Kilruddery House and the mountains themselves forming the backdrop for productions including Brave heart, The Count of Monte Cristo and P.S. I Love You, starring Hillary Swank and Gerard Butler.
"Have your own PS I Love You moments with great photo stops at the film locations"
How do I book my Wicklow day tours - what happens next?
Discover the Wicklow Mountains national park with a small group " ADVANCED BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL" BOOK ONLINE NOW
► Once you click on the Book Now button
► You then select your tour date / select your pickup location / and then secure your seat
► On completion of a booking a Wicklow day tour confirmation will be e mailed to you